HMS Lawford K514 (DE 516)
Named after Captain J Lawford of the Polyphemus at Copenhagen.
- Laid Down
- 9th July 1943 at Boston Navy Yard
- 13th August 1943
- 3rd November 1943
- Date returned to US Navy
- Not returned to the US Navy
- Sunk by German aircraft bomb on 8th June 1944 at her position off the Invasion Beach at 0500 Hours.
- Commanding Officer
- Lt Cdr M C Morris RN
Click here to return to the top of the page.
Valid xhtml1.1 : Valid css : ICRA labelled
Author: Roy Tynan © 2003
Designer: Peter R Tynan